Tuesday, April 24, 2007
~a journalist's journal~

Work?

Supposed to do my presentation on environment in moral studies class but unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, due to time constraints, I didn't have time to present mine. It was lucky coz my whole group did not include moral values into our presentation. SO now I gotta add it into my presentation...an extra workload!...and present on Thurs...arrrgh! Anyway, for JRN assg...for critique purposes...today is the day I've been wondering what to write about. Stroke was today's news and I thought of writing about that or obesity...but then again...interviewing doctors might be pretty difficult. My alternative topic is Maxis Wireless Broadband. My angle would be...hmm...introducing it, its features and "What makes it better than the biggest internet service provider in Malaysia, Streamyx?"..."How would Maxis compete with the well-known Streamyx?". Hopefully, people from Maxis Centre in Taipan can be my interviewee. If this doesn't work out, I've no idea whatelse to write about. Sent an e-mail to Maxis Centre and crossing my fingers, hoping to get a reply soon...i doubt it though.



Fun?

Been admiring my brand new dimmer lamp bought fr Ikea on Sunday. Wonderful stand lamp! I get to adjust its brightness...play with the dimmer...LOL! To me, RM135 was worth it. Hopefully mum doesn't nag me. I've been hunting for dimmer lamps for a very very very long time! And now, I'm...ya, broke!!!


My wonderful Ikea dimmer standing lamp!I just can't stop admiring it =)

Today, pasta was my dinner. Prepared by Chef Yina...someday she's gonna pass as my chef. She just seems to lurrrrrrrrve cookin' so much! Hahaha! Joined by her friend, the IMU guy (she calls him) which means...I don't rmb his name actually. Hehe. Anyway, after dinner YINA DROVE HIS CAR ALL THE WAY TO SUBANG PARADE!!! Now, that was amazing! The trip there I was like really really tensed! I think I was more tensed than the IMU guy (the owner of the car)...haha! Coz she had sooo many questions b4 we started off eg: "where do I put in the car keys?" "how do I wind down the window?" "How do I on the lights?" "Oh...I forgot to put on my seatbelt!" We were so afraid that the next q she's gonna ask "where's the accelerator and brakes?" Luckily, she did not and it was a safe journey to and fro. The journey back was hilarious though. We went there for dessert...Swensens...for ice cream. We shared 'Earthquake' 8 scoops all in and it was like RM2 for each scoop and the IMU guy paid for it...oooh....free dessert =) We had cookies and cream, butterscotch, mocha, sticky chewy choc, choc chip, raisin, macademia nuts & peanut flavours. I wonder whether I got the names right though. Haha!

Bon Apetit?

Right before I started this post, I came across a yahoo article bout the 10 mood lifter foods...yummy...u get to eat as well as be happy. Just the right thing for me right now considering that life is full of stress & depression. Maybe if ppl were to eat these foods, there will be less depressed ppl on earth =) ~CheerS~

Top Ten Happy Foods

Eating for a better mood boils down to this; control your blood sugars by eating every 4 to 5 hours throughout the day, eat a diet rich in soluble fiber, and incorporate foods rich in omega 3 fats, folic acid, B12 and Vitamin D - four nutrients that researchers have found to be mood lifting.
For meal plans, grocery lists, recipes and much more information on improving your mood, check out my new book, JOY BAUER'S FOOD CURES
The following are my Top Ten Happy Foods - bon apetit!
1. Wild salmon (rich in omega 3 fats and vitamin D) (Love salmon, but don't lk to cook fish)
2. Spinach - (rich in folic acid and soluble fiber)
3. Skim milk - (rich in Vitamin D and B12)
4. Ground flaxseeds (rich soluble fiber, omega 3 fats and folic acid) (No idea what this is)
5. Blackberries (rich in soluble fiber and folic acid)
6. Omega 3 fortified eggs - (rich in omega 3 fats, Vitamin D and B12) (I always buy Omega 3 eggs...didn't feel like it was a mood lifter though...LOL)
7. Sardines ( rich in omega 3 fats and Vitamin D) (Hmm...I'll consider that)
8. Soybeans - (rich in soluble fiber, folic acid and omega 3 fats) (I miss uni's 'huang tang' soya bean so much...didn't get to drink it for some time already...sigh)
9. Beans (rich in soluble fiber and folic acid)
10. Brussels sprouts (soluble fiber and folic acid)
Plus an extra for good luck!
11. Sunflower seeds - (rich in soluble fiber and folic acid) (Guess I'll need more of these if they work as good luck charms...lol)

Anyway, now I gotta start doing my work...arrgh...it just seems never-ending...sigh. 2 posts a day just shows how lazy I am to start doing my assignments. ~CheerS~ to my never-ending assignments!!Woohoo!!



grace lost pride & prejudice on 10:56 PM.